I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

  Well today is my birthday.  This morning I turned the same age my momma was when she had me.  I've dreaded this birthday for a while now - at this point my mother was married 10 years to my father and pretty settled in her life.  I look at her and then at my life which is, for the most part, so unsettled.  I haven't had the best experiences with dating and didn't really figure out what I wanted to do with my future until just a few years ago so it's been an interesting road.

  But some things that are making me smile on my birthday are...

  Beautiful flowers from two good friends along with a homemade dinner from this weekend. And tons of movie watching, talking, shopping and good food.


  I look very good for my age (white spot on my mirror... not on my face) and many think I'm still in my mid-20's which works for me!










 




  I have an amazing family and supportive friends who have stood beside me for many of my ups and downs and had 2 great college experiences.  I know that a lot of the people in my life currently will be there when I need them in the future, and I also know I'm blessed for that because some people don't have that luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment