I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July celebrating... my kind of way!

  Happy 4th of July!

  I'm celebrating mine a little differently - just quietly relaxing, mostly because I'm on duty and can't go anywhere.

  Danielle left for home again.  It was so nice having here here - I sometimes forget how much I miss living with someone.  It's nice to stay up until after midnight and disclose secrets, talk about what's bothering you and just talk and watch movies.

  We went over to the local square yesterday and I did some birthday shopping.  Always fun.  I have a slight obsession with Banana Republic.  I bought the following outfits for work:


  The white work shirt is sheer but I bought a really cute cami the other week which will look great underneath.


  Same pants in all photos - maroon/reddish strap work shirt and white cardigan.


  Sheer off-white work shirt.


  Black work shirt with ruffles that go across the entire front.

  I'm happy to say all of these were on sale for 40% off the sale prices and I also got an additional 15% off due to a bday coupon I had.  All together they should have costs over $250 but I spent just over $100!!  The shirts are all comfortable and flattering and the pants are so loose and light but very work appropriate.

  I also got triple points because I'm a Luxe member and I can take the pants in to get hemmed up this week for free. I just picked up 4 pairs of pants I had them hem for me before I left for vacation and with all these new shirts, I've got a completely new wardrobe (in addition to my current work outfits) for the upcoming school year.  Yes, this is very exciting to me! ; )

  I made Danielle and myself dinner last night using the corn I bought and some of the squash.  It was pretty good.  The corn was amazing - so sweet!  I'm definitely going back next week after training in the morning to get some more.  I absolutely love corn on the cob.  I mixed the squash in some linguine and put sauce over it. We also had some salad along with the corn on the cob and pasta.  Odd combination but pretty good.  I also attempted to make some garlic bread in the oven but it definitely could have been more garlicky.

  I'm hoping to see some fireworks from the steps of the library tonight if they do them downtown.  I don't want to go out in town because if I get a duty call I'll have to fight traffic to get back and that could be bad...

  Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy whatever it is you are doing.  If you can get out and have the money to shop, do it!  Most places are having at least 40% off and it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment