I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Great Morning!

  This morning was great - just like when I started the class.  I miss those days.  Jeff was back in class so I had someone to keep me in check with my speed.
  We started out with a slow mile - just under 11minutes.  I usually do between a 9.30 and 9.50 mile.  Really made me sweat and work my upper thighs.
  After we finished our first mile we did fartleks - a set of 3 laps, 2 laps, 1 lap.  Jeff kicked my butt on those!  I kept up with him on the first set, started falling behind on the second set.  The last lap I tried to take the lead but he came out of nowhere and ended up beating me by a good amount. 
  The last mile was even harder.  We went at about a 10.50 min mile.  It was hard pushing myself that hard - yes, it is actually hard to go slow.  Who knew?  But, I finished it all.  Made me very happy.  The fartleks were the hardest and most impressive for me today.  My first time I barely made 3 laps without puking.  This morning I did 6 laps total and didn't throw up.  That's amazing for me!
  Later this morning was interesting... I usually eat my breakfast at my desk.  3/4 cup of cheerios and about a tbsp of skim milk.  Today I felt like I needed some extra protein so so I also made a little something extra - an orowheat sandwich thin with 1 tbsp of Peter Pan pb.  As soon as I finished the last bite I had to run to the bathroom - I really thought I was going to throw up.  Who knew my stomach couldn't handle that much food?  Guess I'll be sticking to my 100 calorie Cheerios and not over 300 calories.
  And on another good note - I weighed in on my wii and lost another 1.3lbs.  Slowly getting closer to my goal!  Makes me so happy - both my weight loss and my improvement in running.  Go me!
  Even more exciting - my student who signed up for Friday class has impressed the instructor so much they want to bump her up to my class on Wed.  They feel she can handle it.  That's such great news! I'm so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment