I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just keeps getting better...

  So my goal this week (if I can do it) is to run each morning (possibly taking Friday off) until the race.
  I woke up this morning and text messaged joey to see if she was up and ready.  I didn't get a response (later saw a message on fb from her) so I figured I'd go back to sleep.  After laying in bed for about 10 minutes I knew I would not be able to fall back asleep.
  I got up and dressed, stretched on the bench outside of my building and started my run.  This was my first run outside, in the morning, in a long time.  I ran almost a full mile in the heat, walked about a minute, ran another .25, walked another minute and then finished the last .25 to my apartment.
  I was very hot and tired but I did it.  The whole time I kept thinking back to when I used to run campus and could barely make it a half mile and look how far and fast I was going.  I was so proud of myself.  And I always feel better after my morning run so it was the best decision I could have made.
  Tomorrow is class so I'm looking forward to that.  I've asked my instructor to set me up with a training goal sheet if he has the time.  I have my own goals but I want to make sure I'm training the right way and not hurting myself.
  I've also decided that since it will be hot at Saturday's race, I'm not going to focus on my time - I'm going to work on how much I run.  I want to try to get at least 2 miles straight so we'll see.  I think I may ice my leg tonight because it's a little sore this afternoon.
  Hopefully everyone else is enjoying the beautiful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment