I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, June 7, 2010

Run run run

  Sorry the updates have been sporadic lately.  I had a long, event-filled (but not exercise filled) weekend.  With the gym closed I've been slacking horribly on my weekend runs.  Not a good thing...
  But Joey has said that this week she is attempting to get up at 6.30am with me and run.  We went to the gym this morning because they were calling for a horrible storm (which, of course, started the minute we walked out of the gym) so we hit the track.
  And boy did I hit the track!  I was so proud of myself this morning.  I figured I'd do a mile and a half and then walk a few seconds and finish with a mile.
  I hit my wall around a half mile, pushed through and then managed to run the entire 2.25 miles non-stop.  Oh yea, that's right - NON-STOP!!
  I've never done that before.  Ever.  I passed the 1.5mile mark and figured "eh, I can do 4 more laps" and ran.  Then I hit the 2 mile mark and couldn't stand the thought of walking when I only had 2 more laps to go.  So, I pushed myself and thankfully one of my power songs hit and I just started sprinting the last 2 laps. :)
  I felt so accomplished when I was finished.  Words can't describe how great it felt.  Now to keep that up when I actually race.
  I did the 2.25 at a slower pace but with the last 2 laps faster I managed to get it all done in 25 minutes.  If I was going for a 5k that would have put me 3 min past my best time so I need to work on my speed but for right now, I'm just happy to have endurance for that long.  I'm going to hopefully get up each morning this week and practice (maybe taking Friday off since my race is Sat) and we'll see how it goes.
  The goal this race isn't so much time as it is seeing how much I can run and how little I can walk.
  I'll keep you informed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment