I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sorry for missing a few days...

  Sorry I missed a few days of posting - I switched up my workouts a little this week and then my nights got a little busy so I just didnt' have time.
  As I mentioned earlier, I think I'm going to start going on Thursday to work out rather than on Wed afternoons.  Friday I went to Zumba.  I love Zumba - I can't stress this enough.  It's the best workout ever and the time just goes so fast.  Right now our instructor is focusing on Mambo moves so Fridays class was super hard - we were learning an all new routine.  But, I enjoy days like these because they make us work even harder so it's fun. :)  But I have to admit - I do miss some of the old moves we did. ha ha
  I was going to go for a run on Friday night but I ended up taking to some of my staff and our conversation didn't end until 1am so that was a bust.  When I woke up on Sat. I felt tired (due to staying up so late) so I decided against going to the gym first thing in the morning.  That's very odd for me - I am always up and ready on Saturdays so... lesson learned.  I did have a very productive day on Saturday though - went grocery shopping and really looked at what I was buying. I checked the sugar and realized a lot of what I had been eating had low calories but was very high in sugar and that's not what I want.
  One change I made - I am going to try to start eating Almond Butter rather than Peanut butter.  It's less calories and a LOT less sugar.  We'll see how long this lasts but I've been reading a lot of blogs who say it's a much healthier option so hopefully I'll stick with it.
  I also bought a wii fit plus game and board yesterday.  I'm really excited about this purchase.  MAS had told me a little bit about it and I know from her blog (hee hee) that she and her husband love it.  My mother has constantly told me how much she loved it and how I need to get one.  I had $40 in gift cards so I figured since it's the first time they'd re-stocked, I'd just get it.
  It's fun - kinda weird but we'll see.  I started last night and my weight was 155.4 and I had a wii age of 45 and when I did it this morning (after I ate breakfast) I was 154.5 and had a wii age of 26.  I also was very happy to learn that my balance has gotten much, much better.  It says I am very close to good posture.  When I did it 2 years ago my balance was horribly off and my wii fit age was in the 60's.
  Today was another Zumba class.  We worked on our new steps and I'm getting better.  I love leaving that class after my workout because I just feel so much more alive and refreshed.  I'm still going to try to go for a run tonight - after my staff meeting.  I used my livestrong.com loops page to see different running tracks on my campus and I found a good one that's just over 1.5 miles which is what I need to hit tonight.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment