I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Entry! Yay!

So this is, hopefully, going to be my exercise blog.
I am starting, once again, at age *cough cough*, to get back in shape.  I was down to 138lbs just 2 years ago but after a move 1/2 way across the country, I took a step back from running every night and working out and quickly shot my weight back up to an unhealthy level.
I've been hitting the gym pretty hard 6 days a week for at least an hour since school started in January and have already seen a change all over.  I've lost 2 inches off my waist and I'm up to almost 5lbs weight loss.
The plan is to blog (to whoever wants to listen) about my struggles, my workouts and possibly what I've eaten for the day.  I'm working on a full life transition to eating healthier.  I've given up Diet Coke for Lent in hopes that it will be a complete life change.  I don't usually keep candy in the apartment although I do keep it on my desk for my students (smarties, starburst, etc.).
I recently bought some cook books (one directed towards cooking yourself thin) and have enjoyed trying the new recipes I would have not tried otherwise.  I've also discovered the wonderfulness of using lean Turkey rather than red meat for spaghetti and other pasta dishes.  Yum!
If you want to track my progress, I'm on Sparkpeople.com and my favorite site - http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ as Stephy757.  Feel free to friend me and leave suggestions.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment