I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, June 6, 2011

Times... they are a changing!

  Life has been crazy lately so I apologize for not updating.  I've honestly been sitting on this update for a week just because it's so personal.   It's caused me to really look at how much I've changed... which is always good!
  Anyway, here goes...
  I've been working hard on the end of the year stuff so I can focus on my summer duties.  I'm working on not letting my job take over my life as I have in the past - depends on the day on how that's working for me. : )
  It's been weird not racing on the weekends after doing three in a row but the down time has been nice as well.  I cut back a little bit on running to give my body some time to heal from the constant strain.  Seems to be working - I feel like when I do run I'm running faster and stronger.  I think this is also because of the weights I've added into my work out.
  I also started using a free app I found from iTunes - it's called Nike Training Club.  It allows you to do all sorts of different programs ranging from cardio to weights.  It has simple 15 minute work outs that you do 3 sets of the 4 or 5 exercises.  They are hard the first few times but get a little easier as your muscles get used to them.  Once you get to certain time periods you get "rewards" which range from badges to opening up new exercises.
  I'm also trying to be a little better with my Wii weigh-ins.  I weighed in this weekend and found I'd lost 2 lbs - putting me just over 143lbs.  I have 1.5 lbs more to lose to hit the tail end of being at a "healthy" BMI.  This really made me think about what is considered too thin vs. healthy.
  Over the extended weekend I started going through my apartment - looking at things I need to put away and things I need to get rid of.  I came across an old photo of me at my thinnest - when I thought I looked great and everyone else thought I looked "sickly" (among other choice words).
   I apologize for the picture of a picture but I don't have the original anymore - lost over the years.  I was around 130lbs in this photo - what most would consider "healthy" for my height.  Amazing how much 15 lbs can change you.
  Along with this photo I've decided to put the heavier photos of me away too.  In this one I'm with a friend and weighing in at almost 190 lbs.

  I was unhappy with my job, personal life and life in general and I sadly spent most days trying to eat my pain away rather than dealing with it.  Thankfully with the support of great friends and my family I was able to leave the relationship and figure out what made me happy for once rather than living my life for others!
  This is where I stand today with my weight - 143.2lbs at 5'3.  I am between a size 8-10 jeans/pants depending on the style.
  Gotta love the "conference services" outfit - it was a check in day. : )
  I'm finally happy with where I am.  I'd like to lose the 1.5lbs to be in the "healthy" range but I'm not going to sweat it.  I also know that when I go on vacation in 2 weeks to see my godchildren I'll be running after a 1, 3 and 5 year old as well as running occasionally at night with my (almost) 18 year old godson (when he can make the time in his schedule) to stay in some shape since I won't have a gym to hit.  I also have to realize that I'll be eating home-cooked food and eating out a lot more than I do now.  It's odd if I eat out more than once a month (if that) now so my body will definitely be in shock for the week but it will be nice to be "home" with my family for a little bit.
  I'm also looking forward to a few days at the beach.  Nothing beats a morning run in the sand - the added resistance and watching the sunrise - perfection on Earth!  What I love about the beach with my godchildren and best friend the most is our annual renting of bikes - we always get the big buggies and ride them around the boardwalk, ever since Corey (the oldest) was a little one.  I look forward to that the most - especially since I haven't been able to celebrate a birthday at the beach with them since Corey turned 13.
  Overall, I'm happy with where I am.  I think I look good, I feel great and I am being healthy and not resorting to dangerous tricks like I used to. I've come a long way since my days of skipping meals and exercising 2-3 hours a day.  I've learned where my weight tends to go without work and where I can get it with work.  And most of all, I've learned how to eat healthy and stay healthy and how it makes me happy overall which is the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment