I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sleep... please see me soon!

  So it's 3am and I am not even remotely tired.  I went into my office around 10pm to catch up on some work and when I looked up at the clock again it was 1am.  I figured at that point it was time to go home.  That lead to me laying on the couch and watching "My Ghost Story" followed by the ending of "You've Got Mail."
  I love movies like "You've Got Mail" because they romanticize New York.  My mother lived there for over 12 years and I loved to visit, but after more than 2 weeks I was pretty much over the city.  I'm definitely a country girl at heart - the exact opposite of my mother and sister.  They went from the city to just outside of Miami.  Miami I completely and totally dislike.  The people there are worse than NY drivers!  Give me the mountains of Carolina, Tennessee or Georgia and I'm in heaven.
  I figured I'd try blogging in hopes that it makes my eyes tired and helps me sleep soon.  We'll see how this goes.
  So Eryn and I are going to sign up for the Half Marathon training this week.  I believe they start mid-June and with vacations and such I'll end up missing 2 long runs but I figure I'll make them up while I'm gone.  I believe one will be a 3 or 4 mile run and the other will prob be closer to 5 or 6.  I'm a big fan of travelling with the running shoes so it shouldn't be a problem.
  We are up to around 3 miles at night now.  I'm going to actually walk our route tomorrow and then add in when we do the additional loops to see just how far we are getting and where we need to add more.  It's been getting easier which is nice.  Eryn swears it is because we are working with more weights and I'm sure she's right.  Our campus is not hilly by any means but we've managed to work a few minor hills into our runs to help keep our legs fresh and used to them.  I'm especially going to need the practice if I do the Runaway 5k again.  That one has some killer hills right off the bat!
  My hope is that tomorrows walk has us at least at 2.5 miles when we run.  Whatever the total turns out to be, we usually feel like we can keep going so it's a good feeling either way.  We are both trying to bump our mileage up to at least 3.5 miles before we start the official training.  We're planning on running with the 11 min/mile team.  Although we usually run a 10 min/mile, we aren't used to 13.1 miles in any way, shape or form so we're figuring it is better to go with a slower group and have to bump up rather than bump down.
  The fact that our runs are getting easier makes me feel like I'm much more prepared for this half than I was last year.  My goal is to do this one and possibly the OKC half in April next year.  That way I'll end my running career here with 2 half marathons under my belt.  That would be so nice!
  If that happens, I'm going to look into doing the Disney half the following year which will give both Stephen and I time to save up for it (it's pretty costly) and also give Sarah time to train up to the half (or the 5k if she's not ready).  I'm excited at the thought of having my best friends at the finish line with me.  That would be so wonderful!
  Other than our nightly runs (it's already getting horribly hot here until around 8pm), we're back in the gym with weights and abs.  I love doing ab crunches and feeling it the next day.  I feel like I can already see a difference which makes me so happy.  Zumba starts this week so I need to go in on Monday and register for the class.  I'll be happy to get back into Zumba class as well as running.  Makes me feel sane again.  And gives me an hour a few times a week to laugh at myself.
  I asked my mother to talk to my aunts and see if they would be willing to make me a quilt when I leave here so I can have all of my running t-shirts together.  I hope they will - it would be so wonderful to be able to have that for my children and show them how hard I worked when I lived in OK.
  My hope is to return home by next summer - not really picky on the state, but I miss the South and am ready to be closer to my family and friends again.  Three years is a long time to be away - not matter how much I love my job.
  Well, going to try to sleep now.  The only good thing is I shouldn't be super tired tomorrow so I might actually get to sleep at a reasonable time on a Sunday night!  Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment