I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, July 8, 2010

So sorry...

  My apologies for the delay/absence in writing.  After my last race I was so exhausted and dehydrated it took me almost a week to recover.  And that is not an exaggeration.  I learned very quickly that, although I cannot hydrate during a race (it bothers my stomach), I have to change my schedule pre-race to allow myself enough time to drink some type of powerade/Gatorade drink and allow it to settle before I run in hopes that it will help.
  I also had to re-arrange my goal for races these two summer months.  I wasn't able to do the July 3rd run due to the rain and the fact that I pre-celebrated my birthday the night before so I am thinking of postponing the July race to September and doing one then.
  I also spoke to my instructor and he has me on a training regamine for a race in August.  However, sadly, I am not sure if I will be able to hit that race as it may interfere with training for my staff.  Either way, it is my hope that just having that schedule will help me become a better and longer runner.
  One of my former students has agreed to run with me on Thursday nights and I am happy to report that we ran over 1 mile straight without any issue, walked for less than 30 seconds and finished the final mile with no problem.  And there were hills!  I was never so happy to be able to run hills.  They really make me feel like I accomplished something in my run.
  In class yesterday we did some strength/speed work.  Not as hard as fartleks but something to push us a little faster.  Since Jeff wasn't in class, I was the first one to finish which was nice.  We had to push hard on the straight ways and slowly jog the ends.  We started with a half mile of those, ran a full mile and then ended with another half mile of the speed work.  I was so happy to be able to say to my instructor that when I finished, aside from being out of breath, I was good!  First time I tried to do similar training I wanted to throw up after one lap.  I really am getting better.  I ran about a 10 minute mile and my last half mile was clocked at less than 4.30!  That made me very happy.
  So, I am going to work on blogging more regularly on this again and try to add photos so you can see my progress.  And along with progress, I'm also happy to say that I've dropped another few pounds and am under 150!  I'm still 8lbs from my goal but it isn't as far away as it was so that makes me extremely happy.
  Hope everyone reading is having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment