I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New title, new things... Good Day.

  This week has been a great week.  I've had a smile on my face all week and I love it.  My running is constantly improving and I'm feeling a little more prepared for the October race with each passing week.
  I looked in my running journal yesterday and since I started in on May 3rd, I've run a total of 80.875 miles.  It's kinda nice to see where I fall behind with my running, where I've excelled and where I manage to maintain.  The next few weeks are going to be tricky as we are going into full training with our staff to prepare for the buildings to open.  That means many, many straight days of 8am-9pm nights of work.  I'm going to work very hard on still getting a run - even if it's just the 2 miles around campus.
  I weighed myself this morning and almost scared the crap out of myself.  I usually weigh on my wii after my workout.  Some may say that's cheating because I've just ran 2plus miles but I usually drink 20oz on my walk home so I figure it balances out.  Anyway, when I got on the scale I was in my yoga pants and my sports bra.  I hear a sound outside of my window and realize a gardener is outside my window and could see me perfectly.  I ran into my bedroom to throw on a shirt (still not comfortable in just the sports bra) and then weight myself again.
  Despite the near embarrassment, I was happy to see that I've lost an additional 1.1lbs.  I'm now down to 147 on the dot.  I'm still amazed by this since I've not been in the gym (outside of running class) in probably at least 2 months.  I miss the gym but with summer hours - it just doesn't happen right now.  Thankfully the fall semester will bring back weekend hours and I can get back into going on Saturday mornings (my favorite time!) and after work to run.
  I've also tried some new things in the kitchen.  I've been pre-packing my breakfast for 4 of the 5 weekdays.  That way I can just grab it and go straight to work.  Since doing this, I get to my office 20 minutes earlier which I like - gives me down time.  That's been really helpful this week.
  Last night I made the Wanchai Ferry Cashew Chicken.  I used two breasts and only needed about a breast and a half.  I put the other half in bbq sauce and cooked it up so I could use it later to make my favorite wrap - coleslaw, chicken and a little lettuce.  So good!
  I've also been having an all veggie lunch at least once a week which I enjoy.  I fill my plate with veggies first and if there's room, I'll add meat.  If not, I don't go back for it.  Cuts down the calories and I actually feel more full which is nice.  I am also craving salads a lot lately.  After my run on Sunday night all I wanted was a salad so I made a basic roman lettuce salad, threw in some carrots, sliced up peperoni and some American cheese and then a few squirts of raspberry vinaigrette.  I never liked that before but a friend introduced me to it a few years ago on another amazing this - an all veggie sandwich.  I use wheat bread, cucumbers, lettuce, green peppers and cheese.  Yum!
  I've also changed the title to my blog (if you didn't notice).  One thing my girls and I are working on this year are to erase or tone down the use of the word "fat" in our daily language.  It's going to take a lot, but I think we can do it and hopefully our girls will work with us to help.  I'm going to encourage the girls to use operation beautiful which I learned about from my favorite blogger Meganerd.  This will be our goal for the year and I figured I'd start it by changing my blog.  My old weight was not fat - it wasn't healthy for my body, but it was not fat so I won't be using that word.
  Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week and enjoying the start of end of summer. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment