I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

  So Eryn texted me late Sunday night to see if I wanted to hit the gym on Monday morning before work since she isn't available most Monday afternoons.  I agreed knowing I never fall asleep on Sunday nights until after 1am.  I never sleep on Sunday nights for some reason.
  I could barely see when my alarm went off at 7.45am and for a second I considered canceling on her but managed to drag my sleepy butt out of bed anyway and got dressed.  A few minutes later she texted me to let me know she was on her way to pick me up.
  We hit the gym and I begged off from running because I didn't want to put any extra pressure on my knees for at least 2 days after my race.  And here I thought I was being all smart about resting my body!
  We decided to do a circuit of the new machines we've been using - mostly arms and some legs.  I'm trying to switch up the free weights and arm machines so I can work all areas a little more evenly.  The free weights I use a 9lb but on the machines I'm between 20-30lbs and I know within a few weeks I'll be better because I used to do close to 50lbs a few years ago.
  After I did all the arm machines I went through the legs.  All were fine and then I went over to the one where you lay down to do a leg curl.  For some reason I was... nervous?  to use to it.  I laid down and lifted my legs and felt this horrible pain in my left knee.  I dropped my leg quickly and got off the machine so I could try to walk it out.  The pain started shooting even more when I walked on it.  Not a good sign!
  I left the gym shortly after that to shower and get ready for work.  I also wrapped my knee up and put some mineral ice on it throughout the day in hopes of making it feel better.  Today it doesn't seem as tender so we'll see.  I really wanted to register for the race today but I may wait until tomorrow just to make sure I can run on it.
  Any suggestions for care would be greatly appreciated so please feel free!
  In other news, the director of our gym sent me the summer list of classes and Zumba is coming back!!  I'm super stoked for this - it will be with my old instructor so I know it will involve Zumba as well as abs at the end.  Definitely signing up for it and can't wait to start. This summer is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment