I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busy Bee

  My apologizes for not being a good blogger.  I was at an in-town conference early last week and it ended up throwing my schedule completely off more than I had anticipated.  Slowly trying to get back onto schedule, which is silly since in 2 weeks I'll be off again - heading to the Grand Canyon with students! : )
  Anyway, a quick catch up...
  Eryn and I ran the Sweetheart 5k (a week later than planned) and did a great job!  We usually run an 11.30/mile and I followed Eddie's rule of trying to cut at least a minute off our regular running each mile.  I had Eryn running a 10min/mile without her knowing.  She kept apologizing thinking she was going really slow but she kicked butt and crossed the line at 32.31!!  That's a new PR for her! : )
  The course itself was wonderful - all flat and a pretty view.  I even learned where our local zoo was (but I'll probably never go back except to race).  It was definitely easy to keep a nice, steady pace.  They also had people close to the finish line telling us when we "heard the cow bells" we'd be close.  As we rounded the corner from the swamp we heard the cow bells and it really did help us push on.  As I was encouraging Eryn to dig deep and push harder the woman next to me said "you go girls! If I had anything left in me, I'd be right there with you!"  Made me feel good because I definitely could have kept going past the finish line.
  Due to the conference I wasn't able to run as much as usual.  I ended up not doing the 5k for the conference as I stayed later the night before for an event and didn't get enough sleep to be able to do it without exhausting myself at the end of the day.
  I'm trying to catch up a little bit this week - it's been hard.  I ran the outside track yesterday with one of my students and we just made a mile and a half before I needed to walk to get my breath.  I'm not used to running outside again and it's killing me!
  Today I didn't have anyone to workout with so I drove out to the river.  I put in my iShuffle and ran by myself - enjoying the smell of the water, dodging the gnats and pushing myself as much as I could.  I ended up running just over 2 miles in 20 minutes and walking about a mile.  Unfortunately I drank more Diet Coke than water today so right now I am paying for it with a headache.  I really need to remember to hydrate EVERY day and not just most days!
  I did treat myself after my run - mainly because I was running late and figured the caf would be closed.  I went to Panera to grab a sandwich.  I haven't been there in forever!!  I got the napa chicken salad and it was soooo good!  I was starving so I ate all of it which I later realized I shouldn't have - it was a little too filling and made my belly hurt for a bit.
  Hopefully tomorrow I can find some time to go do weights since I've been neglecting them for the past 2 weeks... We'll see. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment