I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Saturday, February 12, 2011

  So tonight was the first time in what seems like forever (since early January) that I felt like myself running again. I went downhill after taking 2 weeks off and then hurting my foot but tonight, Eryn and I came back!  We planned on a 2 mile run doing as much as possible to prepare for our 5k next weekend (moved from this Sat).  We had a good 11.5min/mile pace to begin with.  Then, we hit 2 miles straight with an 11 min/mile pace.  We talked briefly about taking a quick walking lap but decided we were in a zone and kept pushing.  We ran our 3rd mile at a 10.30 min/mile pace with the last lap under 1 min.  She had no ankle pain and my foot had a slight pain but only from walking, not from running.
  I had a slight runner's high, which I miss so freaking much!  More than anything, the happiness of completing 3 miles... and feeling like I could have done at least another 1/2 mile was such a great (and missed) feeling.  I'm so ready to do the race next week.  We're shooting for running the entire thing as long as Eryn's knee doesn't start hurting during the race.
  I also got a nice compliment today.  One of my co-workers staff said she could tell I've been putting some long hours in at the gym and that it was definitely paying off.  That made my day - I know that most days I can see the changes happening to my body - my legs, stomach, etc. but it's always nice to know that others see it as well.  We have been spending at least 1 to 1.5 hours each night doing weights, running, strength exercises.  I love it!
  And finally, as a treat for all of my hard work, we went to Whole Foods!!  I haven't been there since the summer so I bought myself a yummy salad for dinner along with a garlic knot and some broccoli salad.

  I also ended up buying some chicken, potatoes and crunch almond cabbage for dinner on Sat night since I don't have any Vday weekend plans (oh the pain of being a single person! ha ha).
  Tonight really made me feel so much better about falling so behind. I feel like with some more effort and pushing, I'll be back up to 4 miles by March and ready for a 10k in no time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment