I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3 Miles and more

  I never thought I'd see the day when I could say that 3 miles is becoming easy!  My last 3 runs over the past week have all been 3-3.5 miles and I've been great after!  It's so exciting to know that I may be able to do a 10k this Spring after all!  My goal right now is to work up to around 5 miles by Spring time so I can comfortably do a 10k with the possibility of a little walking (which would be totally fine).
  Eryn and I ran the track for 3 miles tonight and I felt so good.  My legs were a little jelly-like when we finished but I know I could have easily done another 1/2 mile if I pushed myself.  Such a great feeling!
  I looked up our running scores today.  That experience made me so thankful that I live in an area where there are two major chain running stores - Fleet Feet and Runner's World.  They make registering for races so easy and when they use timed chips, they actually know how to use them.  I don't want to seem too bitchy because I know that this was only the 2nd annual race, but a chip should start when one crosses the start line and end when they cross the finish line.  If they aren't at the head of the line, their time should officially NOT reflect what the time board said when they crossed.  I didn't cross the Start line until at least 15-20 seconds AFTER the gun went off.  I was in the middle/back area.  When I looked at the time scores they had me listed at the exact time I crossed the line according to the board - very disappointing.  Especially when I had a half mile to go and I was told the time from when we started was 21minutes.  Either way, I was under 28 minutes so I'm still very proud of myself.
  I'm also excited because Eryn told me tonight that she and her roommate (also a former resident of mine) will be running with us for the 5k on December 11th!  That made me happy - more support for Jess and me!  Eryn said her roommate would probably run with the faster group so she'd stay with us.  I know Jess is nervous as the race is only a few weekends away but I know she's going to do wonderful and she'll have her first PR!  That's always so exciting.  I keep thinking about my new PR - how far I've come from my first 5k (in the mid-40's) and how/if I will ever beat it again! I guess time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment