I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Zumba! Zumba!

  So I accomplished a great deal exercise-wise today.  Always a good feeling after spending my 3-day weekend sick on the couch.  I went to one of my staff's rooms to play some Scrabble and my nose started to run.  It got progressively worse that night and I could barely move on Sunday.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I walked less than 2 miles between Sun and Monday.  I literally slept non-stop all weekend and only moved from the couch to the kitchen to get more water or snacks.  But, I've made up for it today alone with my walking.  I feel like I ran all over campus (in my heels! woot woot!) so I'm almost back on track with my steps.
  I registered for Zumba again this semester as well as continued my running class.  Put me back $65 total but well worth keeping in shape.  I also registered for my 5k in 2 weekends.  Apparently I'll receive a cute little skirt that says "Catch me if you can!" - how exciting!
  I also had my first Zumba class this afternoon.  It was so exhausting!  I forgot how much of a workout this is going to be!  I'll be going every Tues/Thurs after work and running each Wed. from 4-5pm.  Pretty excited about running class as one of my staff promised to sign up and run with me (in class only).  I hate being the only person in the class - esp. because I feel bad that he does the class and I'm the only person who does it.
  So with luck this semester will continue to go well.  The goal is to lose the last 3-5lbs and maintain after that.  I think I will be able to do it.  And past the weight goals, I just want to continue adding mileage to my runs and run more nights.  I'm still hoping to get up to 5 times a week.  I don't want to push too much this week since I'm just starting Zumba again but we'll see.
  Hope everyone reading is having a great week! :D

1 comment:

  1. Are there are lot more girls in Zumba this go around?

    ReplyDelete