I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Race and Gym Time

  The race I've chosen is the Skirt Chaser 5k.  Sadly, I will be running by myself but thankfully I have some wonderful friends on staff who promised to "hold the phone" for me while I race. :)
  I'm pretty nervous and excited.  The race is on the 18th and it's the first once since I took a brief break after June.  I have my goals set and hope to achieve them.
  I've also been hitting the gym as much as possible.  I pushed myself extremely hard Monday and Tuesday as well as last week and I can feel it already.  My legs are so sore and it has stopped me from running the past few days.  I really need to learn how to work out and run during the week.  I tend to have a problem with balancing both.  I tend to fixate on one or the other.  My weekends will probably be focused on weights and training and maybe a run when I can. I want my weeks to focus more on runs and some weights/training.  We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

  1. Go you! You can do it!! Have you used a training schedule to help with the balance? I got one off of Runnersworld.com and it's the only way I found a running schedule I could work with that didn't kill me!

    ReplyDelete