I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Get Away

  So I've been very blessed this year - the ability to travel as much as I have in the past 3 months is such a gift as well as the fact that I've got a job that allows me that ability and friends who are willing to take care of my apartment while I'm gone.
  This month I met up with my mother for our yearly vacation together.  We decided on Charleston and could not have asked for a better city to visit!  The city was so welcoming and friendly despite the drop in temperature.  We learned so much about the history of the town and the slave trade in Charleston.
  If you are lucky enough to hit up the city, please make sure to go on one of the carriage rides (we had Patrick as our host) and the Pub tour (with John) - both were full of interesting stories and tales of the town.  The Pub tour was nice because we got to try some new bars in town, eat some great snacks and see what the town had to offer.  We also were told tales of the "dark side" of Charleston and its history of speakeasies and brothels.
  Charleston is also a great city to run in - not that I would know.  I was told not to run over my vacation so I, for once, listened.  I didn't pack any of my items because I knew if I did, I would use them.  Let me tell you, watching at least 5 to 10 runners a day go by you is really hard when that's what you want to do more than anything.  But, I was good and will reward myself with a run either the night I return or on Wednesday when I wake up.
  I even had a nightmare last night that I put on all my gear and couldn't run more than a half mile.  I was so upset in the dream and of course it got me nervous.  I know my mind is playing tricks on me but I'm still nervous about the time off.  We'll see how the rest did for my running I guess in a few days.
  Hope everyone had a great christmas as wellC.

No comments:

Post a Comment