I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

  Working on getting back on the grind again.  My morning walking partner had to take some time off due to allergies and work but we've been going steady the past 2 days which my fitbit just loves! I have hit my 12,500 step goal both days before 4pm which is wonderful for me. I worked very hard to get myself on track so the days he wasn't able to meet I would at the very least walk across campus to a local eatery and grab breakfast to go. That way I would get about a mile or so in to start my day.

  I also started working on my running both on the track and outside.  I am on week 4 of the C25K program. Day 1 was Saturday on the track and it wasn't super easy but wasn't super hard either.  Then Sunday arrived... I needed some air after our annual awards banquet so I took to the road... I turned on Day 2 and almost died.  I forgot just how hilly campus could be.  I had to take 2 small breaks during the 5 minute running parts but made up for them at the end.  Overall I ran almost 2.5 miles both times.  I want to get at least 1 more run in before my 5k this weekend.

  My goal to finish is going to be around 40 minutes.  Hopefully less but we will see. I am planning to use the C25K week 5 Day 1 during it and then running through the cool down section and will cool down after the race.

  I also need to get back to going beyond walking in the gym. Although I'm now down 6lbs I need to still get rid of at least 15 more to be near my "goal weight" and I also want to start toning so weights, Zumba and yoga are going to have to start being my friends at the gym again. Thankfully our work schedules are a little different in the summer so I can take some classes and make up time working evenings so I'm ready for that.

  Hope all is well with everyone reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment