I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, July 12, 2013

  Things have been busy in life lately, which is why I haven't been able to update as much as I'd like.
  Running, I'm happy to say, is continuing to build and go well.
  When I did the RASA 5k I wanted to cry. I cursed myself for doing it, cursed myself for thinking I could run again and cursed myself for embarrassing myself like that. Then, I hit the halfway mark and remembered why I loved running.  I crossed around 31 minutes which was perfectly fine with me!
  Since the 5k, I've been building.  I'm still not where I'd like to be - it's just too hot most nights right now to run (humid, not just hot) so I get about 2 miles in before I have to stop.  But, happy to report, my time is getting better with most runs.  My best so far has been a mile at 9:30!  The hope is that if I continue on this trend I will be back in shape and ready for my (probably last) Half Marathon in November.
  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment